Your budding career in PR could start here! Irvine Partners is a Public Relations and Integrated Marketing Agency, working with some of the biggest brands in South Africa. We hire for the right attitude, not only for the best qualifications. So if you’re ambitious and willing to work from the bottom up, this internship could be for you.
Aside from learning bit-by-bit how to account manage, from some of the best PR specialists in the country, you’ll also have other office responsibilities that are core to the successful running of our Cape Town office. You need to want to learn more, but also remember you’ll have other responsibilities in the office.
If you feel that you are the person we are looking for, please email a cover letter and CV explaining why we should consider you to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A stipend will be made available for this six month contract.
Interns will be exposed to the following:
- Real world experience,working with clients and helping to manage client accounts
- Brainstorming on accounts
- Participating in regular staff meetings
- Client reporting
- Company social media platforms(Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Website, Blog)
- Gsuite Account access including all supporting apps
- Office admin
RESPONSIBILITIES: Staff support – Including but not limited to the following:
- Research for clients
- Assist in brainstorming and idea planning for client events and tacticals
- Assisting in monthly and weekly coverage reporting.
- Managing company social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Website, Blog)
- Creating and updating media list spreadsheets
- Sending out media invitations for events
- Drafting event listings, when needed
- Distributing content to media
- Working on PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Answering the telephones
- Meeting and greeting of clients, including offering coffee etc
- Office admin, assisting with office activities
- The most important qualification is a great attitude
- Anything from Matric upwards, if you’re studying PR part-time, that’s great too
- Must be motivated, organized, and possess good communication skills
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Must be able to work in a team as well as solo
- Must have great telephone etiquette