With winter coming up we all need to splash out on a pair of investment boots, but what do you need to look out for to make sure they will last more than a season?
Errol Arendz, designer of shoes for women, offers us women tips on how to choose the perfect pair of timeless boots and how we can look after them to ensure they last.
- When buying boots to last you more than one season, try and go with a simple style in neutral colours that can go with any outfit. If you are feeling more daring go with a bold bright colour that you absolutely love. If you can see yourself wearing them next season, then go for it!
- Look at the detail of the boots, what materials are they made from and have they been made well? Suede is a great fabric for boots that will last for years, especially if you take care of them.
- Ankle boots are often on trend each winter season and you can wear them in a number of ways, such as with long skinny pants or a mini dress with winter tight.
- If you have a pair of leather boots which you want to last for the next few years, then look after them. Clean them with a wet brush, let them to dry in fresh air and spray with a leather protectant spray.
- Suede is a popular fabric on shoes and boots but is also one of the most difficult fabrics to clean and you want to make sure, like your leather shoes, that you can wear your suede shoes for seasons to come. Clean the shoe with a suede brush, or if you cannot find one, then a multi-purpose kitchen brush should do the trick. Brush off the dirt with the brush, use suede cleaning foam available which can be bought from any shoe cleaning supply store to clean the shoe, then spray the whole shoe area with a suede protector.
For more information on winter shoes visit www.errolarendz.com
This article first appeared on iAfrica.com