This year’s J&B Met is around the corner and, with a theme like “Made to Fly,” how do you decide what to wear? Errol Arendz, South African designer and connoisseur of what looks good on women, shares a few style pointers.
- Choose sophisticated items and don’t go too far over the top. Subtle glamour is much more stylish than garish drama.
- If you do want to be a little bit more daring, wear bold colours and patterns. An asymmetrical dress is stylish yet sexy, as you are showing off some skin.
- These events can get very hot and your best accessory for the day is sunscreen. Apply a factor that will make sure your skin won’t burn in the day.
- Opt for a fascinator over a hat so you can show off a stunning hairstyle. Get your hairdresser to style your hair around the fascinator. And remember to match it with your outfit – a bold fascinator will complement a simple dress.
- If your are wearing a simple dress, but still want to make an impression, accessorise with a stunning pair of heels. You can purchase heel protectors, which prevent your heels from sinking into the ground and make it easier to walk on the grass in style.
- Paint your toenails in a shocking neon colour to complete the look.
- To shop for that perfect outfit, go to any of the Errol Arendz DuSud stores countrywide or visit errolarendz.co.za
This article first appeared on oprahmag.co.za