Helios Towers Africa won the Best Network Improvement category for their shared telecoms infrastructure programme, while Orange Group took the plaudits for Most Innovative Service with their music streaming service Deezer, launched in June.
The #Mandelastory by Prezence Digital won Best Marketing Campaign and Alan Knott-Craig Sr, Chief Executive of Cell C, took the gong for Industry Personality of the Year.
In the Africa Apps Awards, Prezence Digital were rewarded for their Ster-Kinekor mobile app, the cinema listings and booking service, in the Best Smart Phone App category and the Best Feature Phone App award went to biNu, the app platform which runs on mass-market phones.
Full list of AfricaCom 2012 winners:
- Best Network Improvement: Helios Towers Africa – Shared Telecoms Infrastructure
- Most Innovative Service: Orange Group – Deezer
- Best Quality User Experience: Sicap – Mobile Money ATM
- Best Cost Efficiency Initiative: ZTE – Solution for Airtel
- Rural Telecoms Award: Viettel – Movitel Rural Network
- Best Backhaul Solution for Africa: Comtech EF Data – Mobile Backhaul Solution
- Best Marketing Campaign: Prezence Digital – #Mandelastory
- Best Smart-Device for Africa: Etisalat Misr – Smart Device
- Best Pan African Initiative: WIOCC – Seamless, High-Capacity International Connectivity Ring around Africa
- The 2012 Mobile Data and Social Media Award: Bozza Mobile – The Bozza.mobi App
- Industry Personality of the Year: Alan Knott-Craig – Cell C
- Changing Lives Award: Safaricom – DAKTARI-1525
AfricaCom 2012 is in its 15th year and has gathered around 8,000 senior decision-makers from the telecoms, media and ICT industries. More than 200 speakers have shared their views at this week’s conference held in Cape Town.
This article first appeared on www.humanipo.com