Lorraine Isaacs, Sales Executive for African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa, was named Sales Executive of the Year at a gala dinner at the end of the annual Protea Hotels Sales Conference in Cape Town last week.
The four-day conference was held at African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa and Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town, which was named TripAdvisor’s 2nd trendiest hotel in Africa for 2012.
Among the other citations were:
- Protea Hotels Special Merit Sales Co-ordinator 2011: Gillian Dibete (JHB Sales TEAM)
- Protea Hotels Special Merit Sales Executive 2011: Moiponyana Tladi (JHB Sales TEAM)
- Protea Hotels Juiced Award 2011: Beatrix Koen (JHB Sales TEAM) and Jenna Crutchfield (JHB Sales TEAM)
- Protea Hotels TEAM Spirit Award 2011: Alexandria Verginakis (JHB Sales TEAM)
- Protea Hotels Marketing Award 2011: Cassilda Ntsane (JHB Sales TEAM)
- Protea Hotels Sales Coordinator of the Year 2011: Lynn Osborne (CPT Sales TEAM)
Protea Hospitality Group Director of Sales, Marketing and Revenue, Danny Bryer, said Isaacs had not only risen to the challenge of selling a unique hotel in difficult economic times, but substantially increased her target.
“Lorraine has a knack of being able to grow a client’s business continuously by uncovering new opportunities and delivering excellent service,” said Bryer. “She is a key member of the Cape Town Sales TEAM and her hard work and outstanding selling skill has grown the group and conference business not only in her hotel, but into other Protea Hotels and African Pride Hotels as well.”
Bryer said indications were that 2012 could be a lucrative year for hotels in the MICE market and the PHG Sales TEAM’s expertise in this area would stand the hospitality group in good stead.
“We are fortunate that Lorraine is one of many, many talented people in our Sales Division and we’re exceptionally proud of their hard work in 2011. There’s no doubt 2012 will be even better.”